Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Browsers

Blog Entries

Browsers

Which one do you use?

I use Chrome and am happy with it.

I keep getting messages to use AVG, but I am reluctant to change something I have been using for years.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lowell holmes View Post
    Which one do you use?

I use Chrome and am happy with it.

I keep getting messages to use AVG, but I am reluctant to change something I have been using for years.
    What is AVG?

My browsers are Chrome and Safari. It makes it easy for things like having two NetFlix accounts, one for streaming and one for DVDs. Streaming is on one browser and DVDs on the other.

Same with news feeds. Also some sites do not play well with Chrome and others have issues with Safari.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

AVG is anti-virus software.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Mich View Post
    AVG is anti-virus software.
    Since Lowell has posted in the past about problems on the internet it is likely good advice.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

I use Edge for personal stuff, chrome for work, Vivaldi when I don't want to be connected to any of my accounts and firefox occasionally.
    Stand for something, or you'll fall for anything.

I use Edge for as my browser, System Mechanic to take care of Windows and McAfee for my antivirus.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Firefox user here. With our super slow internet, doesn't make much difference which browser we use. One of the things I like about Firefox is no pop up adds. Wife uses Chrome. For some reason, her lap top doesn't like Firefox.

Blog Entries
    Another Firefox user here, on my laptop, android tablet and phone. I've used it for many years.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Chrome 99% of the time. Safari for a few things, like Soundcloud, that will not play on my instance of Chrome for some reason. No change from the last thread on this topic.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Chrome Duck duck go (search) AVG virus protection

Diehard Firefox user. And how does anyone with 10 use Chrome? My stupid (as in, you can't fix stupid) win10 laptop wouldn't even load Chrome last time I tried, all by itself it downloaded and ran Edge. Yet another reason I can't stand win10, it knows better than me what browser I want.... Only reason I opened Chrome was so I could download Firefox

Why Firefox? I know what to expect- .

========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

AVG does have a browser they’d like you to use. I’ll pass if it’s anything like their virus software.

I use Firefox and Safari. Occasionally Chrome.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I don't even notice which browser I'm in these days. (Chrome and Safari are what's on my computer, but I've used others like Firefox and Edge recently on other computers) Aside from the occasional odd incompatibility you run into does it make a difference? I'd be really hard pressed to notice anything, except perhaps for better integration of Google Translate in Chrome. It's not like the bad old days of IE trying to make the web proprietary with all manner of non-standard stuff.
    Last edited by roger wiegand; 02-15-2021 at 8:21 AM.

I use Firefox most of the time, but to keep Chrome on my laptop for those occasional compatibility issues. I'm loathe to use Edge just because Windows10 pushes it so hard. It is forever trying to tell me Microsoft knows better than I do which browsers I'd like to use.

I have started using Duck Duck Go because of privacy. I am tired of the Alphabet companies intrusion and policies.