Thread: Wecher Flex Shaft

Wecher Flex Shaft

I see Woodcraft has the Wecheer flex shaft tool on sale. With my birthday discount it looks promising. I understand the Wecheer will use Foredom hand pieces. I'm wondering if anyone can confirm that and/or has experience with the Wecheer unit?
    Last edited by Dave Fritz; 04-29-2019 at 6:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Fritz View Post
    I see Woodcraft has the Wecheer flex shaft tool on sale. With my birthday discount it looks promising. I understand the Wecheer will use Foredom hand pieces. I'm wondering if anyone can confirm that and/or has experience with the Wecheer unit?
    Mark Yundt said they will: https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread....71#post2248871

Sorry, I don't have personal experience with this, I have several Foredoms and never tried a Wecheer. I'd probably search for a dealer that sold both and ask.

JKJ

I have a Wecheer handpiece and use it on my Foredom. I can only assume the reverse would work.
    .... Dave

Old carvers never die.... they just whittle away.

I got the Wecheer and a Foredom chisel hand piece. It goes together with a very snug fit and it's difficult to remove compared to the Wecheer hand piece that came with the unit. I'm hoping that will loosen some with use.

What type of burs do you recommend? I'd rather just get a few I can use than a whole set. When I get set of things I end up with some I never use.