Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Attaching wood table base to a granite top.

When we built our new kitchen, the granite people used silicon adhesive to attach the countertops to the cabinets IIRC.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Thanks for all your thoughts gents, I very much appreciate them.

My kitchen was done in the same way Ken but as I said in the opening post I don't want to do that on the tables.

For a while I was considering buying some aluminium angle extrusion and making clips to epoxy to the top. The plywood would work too but don't want to hunt down good exterior or marine plywood so I am going to epoxy some of the same oak I'll be making the base of. Then I can make some wood buttons and use stainless steel screws to hold the top to the skirt. At least that's the plan for now.

I am familiar with 3M and other brands of structural adhesives from my work in aviation. I don't have any but I do have some Metalset epoxy. It has metal powder in it and is strong enough to drill and tap for bolts when set. It is similar to Araldite (sp?) and Devcon metal filled products used for the same purposes. Might as well use it before it is time expired and I have to dispose of it.