Thread: Submicron Air Quality Meters?

Submicron Air Quality Meters?

I'm aware of the Dylos Pro 1100, but it runs $260 on Amazon. Any suggestions for a meter that can detect sub-micron particles, but isn't quite as expensive? Most of the cheap ones seem to cut off at 2.5 microns, while the dangerous stuff is 0.5 or so.

On Amazon and eBay you can find this type of counter that display particles down to .3um. The PM2.5 means all dust below 2.5um not as you think. They don't record and save for analysis like more expensive ones do just give a real time count. There are lots of sellers of these and you can get more expensive and robust ones but they pretty much all use the same sensor. The displays and cases are different.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Household-P...gAAOSwCyFbRbBX

Note: One of the members recently ordered one and it is back ordered for several months. Contact the seller to confirm they have stock.

I ordered one. It never arrived. Demanded a refund and got it.

I would try another source.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Christensen View Post
    ...... They don't record and save for analysis like more expensive ones do just give a real time count.
    If you need that data there is a low tech work around..
    When I needed interval data of relative humidity in a school building over the summer break and ran out of loggers I set up some real time meters, plugged in corded iPads, and started a time lapse photo app.

It took a picture of the display every couple of hours, but you could set to any interval.
    Comments made here are my own and, according to my children, do not reflect the opinions of any other person... anywhere, anytime.