Thread: Need Design Idea for Corner Kitchen Cabinets

Need Design Idea for Corner Kitchen Cabinets

Build will include some sort of Lazy Susan or Rev-A-Shelf, so I'm wondering how to dimension and layout this cab for incorporating the feature into Euro (Frameless) design. Should the cabinet be angled in the corner (45deg)? Other suggestions greatly appreciated.

One idea: check out Haefele's hardware called something like "magic corner." Expensive, but looks very cool. I have only used it in a cabinet showroom, but it operated very smoothly.

The most common size for a corner cabinet fitted with a lazy susan is 900 x 900 for the wall measurements. This assumes a 600 wide bench top. You can vary this if you need to make the door sizes different to match others around them.

You can also get kits for a blind corner version if you want to go that way.

The best way to get the idea of the layout is to look up the a version of a Blum, Hafele, or Hettich catalogue from Australia, Europe etc where all the hardware assumes 'euro style' cabinets. They will have the different revolving shelf configurations and installation specifications. Cheers

Thanks. I'll check out those references. I also came across this one:

https://www.kornerking.com/category-s/218.htm
    https://www.kornerking.com/Kornerking-videos-s/26.htm

Seems like a functional and efficient design. Do all these type of cabinet revolving designs use a bifold door, and what/where do you get the hardware for them?

Most corner cupboards involve a double door arrangement. You can do it with 170 degree concealed hinges on one side with either piano hinge or appropriate concealed hinges connecting the two doors.

You can also do it by 170 degree hinging both doors on their respective end panels. You end up with a handle on one door which you open first and then open the other simply by putting your hand behind the door stile to pull it open.

You can also get Susan's for blind corners where you only have one door. I have always avoided this as a deliberate design as I would hate to try and clean a cupboard like this or find a small item that fell off the shelf.

Hardware for corner units is purchased from the same suppliers as standard hinges. Suppliers like the ones already mentioned have detailed catalogues which set out all the measurements and allowances for using their hardware. Cheers