Thread: Hammer F3 Spindle Question

Hammer F3 Spindle Question

I got this diagram from Felder USA, moments before they closed for the weekend.

I'm trying to determine the height and diameter of part 1 in the diagram.

It states D31,75.

Part 3, which I believe is the same diameter as part 1, states D50x31,75x10. The 10, I believe is the height of the part.

Chris

31.75 is the dial in mm, or 1.25” for part 1, no height is provided, as it is the cap for the spindle, part 2, has an outside diameter of 55 mm, inside diameter of 31.75 mm (1.25”) and a height of 10 mm

i hope that helps

It does, but that still leaves me confused, if part 1 has an outside diameter of 31.75 and part 3 has an internal diameter of 31.75, in theory, there is no overlap of part 1over parts 3 through 8.

Shown here assembled.

I think the diameter of part 1 is printed incorrectly.
    Last edited by ChrisA Edwards; 04-26-2019 at 9:10 PM.

From a B3, using el-cheapo calipers:

IMG_8014.jpegIMG_8011.jpegIMG_8013.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisA Edwards View Post
    It does, but that still leaves me confused, if part 1 has an outside diameter of 31.75 and part 3 has an internal diameter of 31.75, in theory, there is no overlap of part 1over parts 3 through 8.

Shown here assembled.

I think the diameter of part 1 is printed incorrectly.
    If I were to guess, I'd say the small section on the bottom of the cap (on the left in the first picture provided by Jesse) is the bit that is 1 1/4". That way it fits down into the 1 1/4" bore tooling mounted on the spindle. The cap just has to be larger than that so that it pulls down on the block when part two is tightened.
    https://shorturl.at/mRTU3

Thanks to all, Jesse, that was perfect.

I think I have the info I need to go ahead and order a recessed cutter head.

My Shaper doesn't arrive until late May, but I wanted to get the cutter heads ordered .