Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Needlework Table

Hi Jim,

The design in this thread just was not doing it for me, and I am working on a new one. There is no point proceeding with a build if it feels this way. I need to finish drawing up the new design to assess it properly. It promises to add a little fun into the mix.

This is one of the benefits of posting a build here. It forces one to take a critical look at the design. I’ll be back.

Regards from Perth

Derek

How about a three tier drawer box that is detachable. When your wife wishes to sew out it comes and slides under the table, all to hand.
    You can make it larger as it’s for infrequent use in the table, when you just want a table it’s lighter to move?
    ​You can do a lot with very little! You can do a little more with a lot!

Derek,
    I don't know a needlework table from a normal table, but what about changing it up a bit? Don't do the drawers, but do it as a toolbox-cum-table. That is, hinge the top and have the storage inside, perhaps using trays like those in a traditional wooden toolbox. that way the table looks like a table, but has lift-out trays to hold what your wife requires for needlework; they can be set on the top to be used as needed and then stored inside when the table top is required for side/end table use.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Whitehorn View Post
    Derek,
    I don't know a needlework table from a normal table, but what about changing it up a bit? Don't do the drawers, but do it as a toolbox-cum-table. That is, hinge the top and have the storage inside, perhaps using trays like those in a traditional wooden toolbox. that way the table looks like a table, but has lift-out trays to hold what your wife requires for needlework; they can be set on the top to be used as needed and then stored inside when the table top is required for side/end table use.
    Okay, but what do you do with the three magazines, coffee cup (tea cup? G&T?) and plate of cookies (biscuits? cucumber sandwiches?) sitting on the lid?????
    Fair winds and following seas,
    Jim Waldron

Quote Originally Posted by James Waldron View Post
    Okay, but what do you do with the three magazines, coffee cup (tea cup? G&T?) and plate of cookies (biscuits? cucumber sandwiches?) sitting on the lid?????
    You set them on the other one that he built, which is sitting on the other side of the chair <laughs>