I hope someone can please advise on this. I have spent hours trying to figure it out and am very frustrated. This is for a Grizzly 1023rlwx. The mechanism that raises and lowers the blade suddenly stopped working. There is a threaded post with a smooth section (circled in the pictures) and I am fairly certain that is supposed to fit into the bevel gear that engages the second bevel gear driven by the front handwheel. In the bevel gear there are supposed to be two set screws but only one is present. The parts diagram indicates that there is a hex screw on the bottom of the post and when I stick a hex key in there I can definitely engage it but it just turns and turns and does not seem to tighten or loosed in relation to the post. I can't figure out how to get this mechanism apart without removing the top of the saw and the motor--two adventures I'd rather avoid if I can.

I hope my descriptions of the problem make sense. Perhaps someone who has this model of saw could please take a glance inside theirs and see what this mechanism looks like?

Thanks, as always, for being helpful.
20190423_212923.jpg20190423_213021.jpg