Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for ideas to use UHMW sheet??

Quote Originally Posted by Chapel Eastland View Post
    Since the topic is UHMW, where is a good place to buy it? I've bought some from Peachtree but it seems rather high, particularly with shipping.

I've looked on Amazon for 3/8 stock but all I've found so far at a decent price has saw marks though it's advertised as smooth.

Any ideas? Thanks.
    http://norvaplastics.com/

I have made compound full extension wood slides using UHMW inserts for permanent lubrication. Replaced the ineffective rubber wipers on my slide saw with ones I made out of UHMW. Motor mounts for a CJ5. Shifter bushings for a 1963 Chevy three on the tree. Wood chute to get firewood into the basement. Gauge blocks for trim reveal.

Works great for skids on your ice shack, but looking at your location you may not know what that is or even have one.
    Confidence: The feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation

Feet

this is how I made the feet. The “loop” I use is a nylon choker and even with a moderate load I can skid the table.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Nice Workbench Jack!!!
    I love steel workbenches but I am in the minority here
    I noticed the 2" receiver tubing in the floor, that's a great feature.

Larry, I visit Norva Plastics often and I am a personal friend of the owner. Howard is a great guy with a very impressive business, lots of very cool machines and he has opened his facility in the past for tours and given away a ton of scrap material. The last time I attended one of Howard's Tours I left with a huge van load of 3/4" thick PVC sheets. Howard never stops working, he is at his shop almost all of the time, even on weekends when the shop is closed.
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 04-29-2019 at 8:01 AM.