Thread: AD941 pallet removal

AD941 pallet removal

I purchased a Felder AD941 and am about to take delivery of said beast. I wanted to get some input from anyone who had purchased this machine. I am wondering about the pallet jack option for removing the unit from the pallet. In the manual it says that you have to cut a hole in the frame for the two bolts. I saw a video on this, but they didn't show that part.

Thanks,

Ash

I put jointer/planers on 1/2" diameter rollers, roll it until enough is off the pallet to put a stack of pieces of 3/4" ply under the two corners.

I then continue pulling the pallet out until most of the machine is off the pallet. I then pry it up 1/4" put a stack of plywood pieces under the remaining two edges and pull the pallet out.

Now I go around corner by corner, prying it up and taking one piece of ply out. When I'm down to 1 piece of ply I pry it up, put the rollers back under it and move it to the spot it's going to be in.........Rod.

Does the manual show you safe lifting points? I'd want to use straps to pick it up with a chain hoist (securely) attached to the joists or rafters above, pull the pallet, and let it down.

I used a pallet jack and a built a ramp for mine. Had to take all the packaging off and lift the table as that's the position it needs to be in for balance when moving it with a pallet jack. The ramp was long and I took my time.

Michael,

Thanks for letting me know. I am thinking of doing the mobility kit, but I am still reviewing the pallet jack option. I am a little fearful of those two bolts on the side.

definately dont lift from above. Its written in the manual in a few places that the tables are not to be used to lift.

I picked my A3/31 (which is quite a bit lighter im sure) in Delaware and drove it back to my place. So from the pickup truck to the ground i used atv ramps strapped to the truck with plywood cut and attached to said ramps. It slid wood on wood very slowly to the bottom.
    Once at the bottom i used pallet jack to get the last little bit off the ramp and rolled it in place.
    Once in place i added the mobility kit prying up and adding small dunnage to get this done.
    After that was installed I worked machine to the edge of the pallet using rollers and scrap wood bringing it down about 1/2 the height of the pallet and slowly worked the pallet out once it was almost out i used the pallet jack to get it from the side and lower it onto 2) 2x4's and pulled pallet jack out then i came back with a 5' 2x4 and pried up each corner removing the wood underneath and slowly letting the machine slide off my prying piece.