Thread: Flood Light Issue

Flood Light Issue

Take a look at how my builder oversized the holes for my flood lights. Other than cutting flanges, unwiring, and re-connecting, are there any ideas for fixing this? (Caulking isn't a good option, IMO). Strangling my builder has ramifications I don't want to deal with as well.

Does anyone know of a flange kit that can be purchased... or even a floodlight with an oversized base?

Thanks!

Jeff
    IMG_20190421_173423897.jpg
    Athens, AL

Blog Entries
    The problem lies less with the builder's workmanship & more to do with the choice of fixture. The mounting canopy for those floods is made to be mounted to a surface box & so has no flange to hide the space around the hole. There is always a little slop between the hole & the box & the one in the photo looks about average to me.

Blog Entries
    Looks to me like you need a flood light with a larger canopy.
    Army Veteran 1968 - 1970
    I Support the Second Amendment of the US Constitution

Cheapest fix is to find the correct size, and color "goof ring". Since there is not enough information provided, Google can find what you need with a little more size, and color information.

The reason I do everything myself is because this is typical. The electrician will blame the siding guy, and the siding guy will blame the electrician.