Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Odd question perhaps for Boston area

And now ‘hats off’ to SMC members for their generous offers of support to a serviceman.

Sorry I cannot offer any help, but probably too far out of your way anyway in Acton. My shop is currently filled to the brim with flooring that needs to be processed and I can't even get to my bandsaw.

As far as wood goes I think anything thats inexpensive and easily available is good to learn on. And from what I've heard good deals can be found occasionally on CL so worth keeping an eye out.

Now I'm fascinated with a hearing about shop that came from "space".... that stirs the curiosity?

If you expect to relocate occasionally you may want to minimize the amount of stuff you have. If you live where making noise is a problem you may want to minimize that also. Consider going to mostly hand tools.

Jacob, nice work on the table!
    Scott Vroom

I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

walnut2.jpgwalnut1.jpg

One of the perks of military, getting a few checked bags for free! From what I could gather, this was what was the best buy locally back in Oregon. I can't thank everyone enough for all the support and enthusiasm for a first post on here. I am excited to get some work done with these beautiful pieces of walnut i brought back. I cant figure out how to private message, so if you see this John or Carl, I would be very grateful for a bit of time resawing!