Thread: Air Cleaners - Questions re placement. (including using 2 units)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Air Cleaners - Questions re placement. (including using 2 units)

I have a couple of JDS-750’s. Just 12 x 24”, 1/4 HP.

I know most instructions say to mount a single unit high, but why is that? It seems to me that most fine dust is near the floor. (literally, in “the dust zone.”) So why NOT put it there, except for space reasons?
    I've never seen an explanation for the "high" suggestion.

Also, the most common suggestion is something like "It should be hung 1/3 of the way from a corner of the longest wall and near the wall for best air flow." I assume that means sideways, yes? But doesn't that just swirl air around the room's perimeter? What about all the dust in the middle?

------

And how about when using TWO cleaners?

I figure two small ones must surely be better than one larger one, but what might be the optimal placement for them?

I’m thinking it might be possible to position the so they create a continuous “circular” movement through the shop. Any ideas on how to do this? I was thinking maybe one a few feet below the ceiling, facing UPWARDS, so it exhausts downward. Then the second one near the floor, also facing upwards, maybe with a curved “air guide” underneath, to direct its output across the bottom of the shop.

Or maybe both mounted “sideways” on two adjacent walls, so as to blow air around the perimeter of the shop? (I tend to work closer to the walls than to the center of my work space.)

Is there an even better (conventional) way to use two units?
    Last edited by Allan Speers; 04-21-2019 at 2:40 AM.