Thread: Unusual Result

Unusual Result

A friend who has 1 1/2 year old Speedy 400 ran into this issue this morning. I had not seen it before and wondered if any of you has seen it. The issue is resolved but the actual solution hasn't been identified.

IMG_20190422_100407.jpg
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

I think it was likely a brain fart, due to a data flow error via an iffy connection, and yeah I just spouted off about how well my wiring behaves, but I HAVE seen similar issues, in particular with the old ULS, but nothing like this--

The rebound engraving looks just like the Gravograph alignment tests during the overpowered over-runs. But again, not quite like this!

Could be the firmware instructions goofed? A power spike or drop could cause something like this, and even a faulty florescent tube in the same room- I say this in all seriousness, I've been dealing with some stupid electric issues lately around here, the main issue being an iffy USB connection to my IS400 machine, even using a powered cable-- I have a simple inline plug switch near the machine that turns on its flood coolant pump, and about every other time I turn it on or off, the computer does the 'duDUNK' sound, indicating the IS400 is now disconnected. But it's not only this pump, the laundry room lights (florescent) and the florescent worklight over my ebay1 laser will cause the USB connection to break. On the computer I have a USB hub with switches, I just have to turn off the port then back on and it reconnects no problem... I just don't understand why the disconnect happens? Weird- The other anomaly is that when using my HF mini-lathe to bevel edges of a customers parts while running one of the 3400's in the same room, it will cause a data-hiccup in the 3400 and it will then continue its last instruction to infinity, which is usually results in an engraved horizontal line until the machine's limits...

All this is why I'm more than a bit skeptical of self-driving cars, but that's another matter...

And it's why I'm thinking the machine is just a victim of an errant data-flow issue, and hopefully it's just a one time thing- could be time to try a different USB cable, maybe that's what resolved the issue already?

I DID figure out that these two pieces were engraved side-by-side at the same time, in your pic the parts are mirrored as to how they were engraved, I kinda-sorta flipped them--
    bad.jpg
    not the best photoshop job, but I was for the most part able to align the hash markings--
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Was one or both of the cabinet bulbs not working?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Null View Post
    A friend who has 1 1/2 year old Speedy 400 ran into this issue this morning. I had not seen it before and wondered if any of you has seen it. The issue is resolved but the actual solution hasn't been identified.

IMG_20190422_100407.jpg

My friend updated to the latest version of JC and the issue disappeared but we're more in line with Kevin's thoughts. I also flipped the image in PhotoPaint but it still posted as shown.

Gary, this photo was taken out of the machine. The machine lights worked fine.
    Last edited by Mike Null; 04-23-2019 at 4:03 PM.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7