My wife told me an incredible story. The receptionist at her office noticed what appeared to be smoke coming from a drain grate located in a low spot on the office’s front lawn. Upon investigating, they discovered it was a campfire of a homeless person living in the culvert. Police were called and the individual was taken into custody. This is a sad but all too common story in the US. For a great many different reasons, people find themselves without a roof. My wife, Janicewhokeepsmehumble, is very well plugged into the non-profit community services world. She directs her family’s charitable foundation and annually gives the cash needed to build four Habitat for Humanity houses among other things. She has the contacts to get our enterprising Neanderthal living under her front yard the services he needs. He was really lucky to have picked her building. She does her part. He is getting help. We should all get out and swing a hammer for Habitat. If we just solve housing, all the other problems get so much smaller.

TW