Thread: Securing Epilog air assist tube

Securing Epilog air assist tube

I have an Epilog "Radius" engraver.
    The Air assist tube was missing when I got this machine a few weeks back.
    Epilog sent me a new air assist tube, but it "just" the tube"
    On the laser head it look like a threaded port on the bottom of the metal "block" that the air assist tube should go in.

Any ideas what type of fitting or ferrule holds the metal air assist tube in the bottom of the metal block??

Thanks,
    Nick

I don't know what they're called, press & lock fitting-? Anyway, like the blue thing in this pic

fitng.jpg
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Kev,,
    That makes sense.
    so I need to mic the metal tube OD, and measure the NPT in the block and order one up,,

Funny thing is, I just ordered a 2 pak of 1/4" tube x 1/4 NPT to make an adapter from the compressor to the engraver.

Nick

Having just reinstalled ours, there is a simple hex head stud that holds it in place. True be told, our stud is locked in place; I just wiggled the AA tube back into place til it stuck. It would be half-a$$ed to do, but I venture to guess a half wrap or so of tape on the end of the tube would hold it in place.
    Epilog Legend 36EXT ~35W
    30W Fiber Laser
    Ender 3 PRO
    Corel X6
    AutoCAD 2019
    FFL 01

Definitely no set screws or set bolts, just a threaded hole.
    I mic'd the air assist tube, it is 5/32 OD, the threaded hole looks to be 1/8 NPT (I'll check it tomorrow)
    So I'll get a 1/8 MNPT to 5/32 flare fitting or push connector.
    Thinking about getting a piece of 5/32 soft copper, for ease of "aiming",, the metal tube from Epilog did not seem to be very "bendable"

Nick

DSCN0209.jpg

DSCN0213.jpg

That threaded hole is smaller than 1/8 NPT,,, did not know there was smaller?

What you need is exactly what's on top, except maybe a straight fitting rather than an "L", depends on your copper tube...
    hose.jpg
    -the red arrow shows the push-lock fitting on the top hose, your copper line should be the same diameter as the black plastic incoming-line...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle