Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mod-ish end tables

Mod-ish end tables

Just finished a couple of end tables for our TV couch in ash with a Osmo finish. Simple and sturdy to my taste. Thanks for looking!

IMG_7974.jpg

IMG_8001.jpg

Jesse, I probably wouldn’t set out to build that style, but they are really interesting and very well done. The legs are a nice touch, and I have to say, it really looks practical. Thanks for sharing.

Sweet. I'd like to see a little more of the leg detail. How are they connected to the cases.

Jesse, I probably wouldn’t set out to build that style...
    Yeah, I have unusual taste

Sweet. I'd like to see a little more of the leg detail. How are they connected to the cases.
    Thanks! The cases are veneered, so I just glued the legs directly to them. I wanted something clean, since you can kind of see underneath as you walk up the nearby staircase.

IMG_7987.jpg

Neat, and my first thought was mid-century modern. Thumbs UP

I'm with Phil, not my style but great looking tables.

I prefer Mission or farm style furniture but I recognize craftsmanship when I see it and your did well Jesse.
    Marshall
    ---------------------------
    A Stickley fan boy.

Those turned out nicely. I actually have a client who likely would enjoy tables styled like that as they are not dissimilar to the "retro" LP storage rack they commissioned me to do for them awhile back. Similar feel for sure.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Neat, and my first thought was mid-century modern. Thumbs UP
    Thanks! That's what I was aiming for. My design skills aren't fantastic, but I keep trying

I prefer Mission or farm style furniture but I recognize craftsmanship when I see it and your did well Jesse.
    Thank you! I dig mission and craftsman too. I actually visited Maloof's workshop just a couple weeks ago and was appropriately humbled by the master's work. I also got a private tour of the Gamble house a couple months ago and was blown away.

I actually have a client who likely would enjoy tables styled like that as they are not dissimilar to the "retro" LP storage rack they commissioned me to do for them awhile back. Similar feel for sure.
    Sounds like my kind of work--do you have a picture here?
    Last edited by Jesse Brown; 04-20-2019 at 11:11 AM.

Those are most unique, Jesse. Nice Job.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Brown View Post
    Sounds like my kind of work--do you have a picture here?
    Yup. Project: Retro-Modern LP Record Rack

--

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Love it! That's right up my alley

How did you line up the double row of Dominos? I know from experience that they can be very unforgiving of any small discrepancies.

Those are most unique, Jesse. Nice Job.
    Thanks!

How did you line up the double row of Dominos? I know from experience that they can be very unforgiving of any small discrepancies.
    A picture would describe it best, but unfortunately I don't have one handy. Does this make sense?

• Clamp a board to the box and use it to reference the first set of holes
    • Butt the leg up against the clamped board
    • Clamp another board on the other side of the leg, pinching the leg between the two boards
    • Unclamp the first board, remove the leg, and reference the second set of holes from the second board

The front left leg is inline with the rear right leg, so I only had to do that process twice per table. For each leg:

• Lay the leg on the bench, and reference the first row of holes from the bench
    • Flip the leg over and cut the second row of holes

I don't have any cool pictures, but this one shows the holes in the top of the leg:

IMG_7990.jpg

Got it. I like the way you work.

Blog Entries
    You sold me at the Yeti.

Seriously though, nice shop and nice work. I thought I was clean, but apparently I am not.