Thread: Online lumber hardwood

Online lumber hardwood

Hey guys I really have no close source of hardwood lumber near me anybody use online sources?

Where do you live? Maybe someone local, or someone that knows how to find one, would be able to help.

Lumber is wood, Lumbar is your lower back.

I bought some QSWO from Steve Wall Lumber once. I was very happy with the quality of the wood. Shipping was a killer though.

http://www.walllumber.com/
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I live just outside new Orleans. There is one place but they are picky about bf minimum that seem kinda high to me.

I had some good luck ~6 ago with Woodworkers Source, cherry, poplar, & maple, but the shipping was about 25 to 50% added to the cost of the wood.
    Assumption is the mother of all screw ups
    Anonyms

I have placed 4 orders with WoodWorkers Source over about as many years. In my area, everything is expensive, so even including the shipping (or freight charges if you order a lot) the price works out to be not that much more expensive than buying locally. I also do not have a large vehicle to transport large amounts of wood once I purchase it locally, so I would have to rent a vehicle or pay local delivery charges. Plus it seems most of the lumberyards that cater to woodworkers (as opposed to contractors) are not open on weekends in my area, as far as I can tell. They also don't deliver on weekends, so no one is home to sign for a delivery.... Bottom line is it's worth the extra cost for me to order online, for the convenience. As far as the quality, I have been very pleased. I have been able to send them drawings of projects or speak with one of their guys on the phone, and they've done a great job of selecting individual boards for me for certain projects.

Last order included a couple hundred bdft of 12/4 Ash, and various amounts of 8/4 and 4/4 Ash, Granadillo, African Pear Wood, Padauk, Sapele, Cypress, Hickory, Chakte Viga, and Cherry. The Ash came in these amazing 12-14' long pieces 8-10" wide on two pallets. All the wood looks great. This particular order came by freight, past orders were smaller and came by UPS in 1 or more 50-70# bundles. I'm pretty much stocked on raw material for the foreseeable future.

Scott

Look at craigslist. Lots of small bandmill guys advertise their lumber for sale there.