Thread: Grizzly mobile base compared to ShopFox

Grizzly mobile base compared to ShopFox

Hello Team, i am looking for a technical comparison.
    I am looking to add a mobile base to my new jointer.
    I would like to use the Grizzly T28000 mobile base.
    But, the extension bars for that base only go to 36 inches...and the jointer base needs 40 inches.

The Shopfox line sell extension bars that will reach to 44 inches.
    So, I am looking to see if two folks have purchased a RECENT Grizzly T28000 base or RECENT ShopFOX base Model D2058A
    and can measure the bars width and height.

Those dimensions will tell me if they are interchangeable.

I spoke with Grizzly support...and thought they have both bases on the showroom floor...they would not give me those measurements.

The wheels on the Grizzly base are urethane and the Shopfox are steel...hence i am trying to use the Grizzly base first.

Thank You,
    Rich

2. Before buying my Grizzly G0213X2BF I looked into both Griz and Shop Fox mobile bases, but there were some noted idiosyncrasies that appeared problematic in reviews.

I went with the Bora Powermate 3500. It's a solid, well-constructed base, and about 60 lbs. Placing that big Grizzly on the base was easy and the base didn't sag or make a sound. Rolls easily, and when the caster wheels are raised and the legs hit the floor, it doesn't move.

It was about 40-50 dollars more than the others, but well-worth it. I realize you're looking for a jointer base, but you may want to take a look at Bora and see if they have something that will work.
    "If only those heathen atheists hadn't taken God, Jesus, and the Bible out of schools, God and Jesus could have thrown a Bible at the shooter."