Thread: LN Honing Guide

LN Honing Guide

Maine was a part of my area of business for 25+ years and as I was beginning to get into woodworking I'd stop at LN and look around. It got to the point that I wouldn't use the coast road because I'd stop in Warren and rarely left empty handed. They really aren't fair if you are a tool junkie. They have everything on the walls with wood and workbenches. They smile at you when you walk in and they say, "have a ball." My general reply was, "Where do I sign?"
    Last week my wife told me I need new hats so I went to LN.com and saw that they have hats and I ordered one. I needed something to weight the box down and although I was sure I didn't need a honing guide, I bought one. While awaiting the shipping I built their angle setting jig. Yesterday I spent a couple hours tuning up some of the irons. I have done a fair job on my planes but yesterday I found out how far fair is from really really sharp. What a pleasure. I should have bought it long ago. I like the hat too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lowell holmes View Post
    Nice goin'! Thanks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by lowell holmes View Post

I had one of those. To be fair it was a Rockler. I threw it away. It was cheap cast pot metal and nothing about it was square or true. It cost $15 at the time. It wasn't worth $0.15.
    Sharp solves all manner of problems.