Thread: Measuring Units are off!!

Measuring Units are off!!

Hey Guys, I am pretty new to lasers, and am more of the graphics guy behind our operation rather than the technical guy. My tech guy is in prison, story for another day, so I am here seeking some help.

I was using my laser last Thursday, and everything was great. Shut it down and left town for the weekend. When I got back today, something seems to be way out of whack. If I draw a 10mm square in EZCad, the laser lights it at about 160mm (give or take). Not sure how/why this would have happened. Been using it for over a year with no issues. Any ideas?

Using a 20w Laser from china BTW

more info please- what happens with a circle, a triangle, does it draw the correct shapes?

COULD be it's working in INCHES instead of MM, check the 'wrench' parameters. Also, in the F3 menu, the "FIELD SIZE" has everything to do with output size, if that got changed to lower numbers it would enlarge the output...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

No it does not light the correct shapes. It will only light a square. Checked the F3 settings and the field size is at 1. And everything is in MM.

I played with the field of view, and got it to where the shapes are exact, but now I cannot get it to show the actual shape, rather it wants to draw the outline, very slowly.

Got it all figured out. Not sure how those settings all got changed, I have literally never been in that window before. Thanks for the help Kev Williams

Field size at '1' would skew it, since it should match or be pretty close to the lens's working area!
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle