Quote Originally Posted by Gary Petersen View Post
I bought the Grizzly G0858 about six months ago and love it. Assembly was minimal and manageable by myself. The tables were flat and true out of the crate. The tables and fence are both quite solid. The unit is movable, but quite heavy. The longer tables make it much easier to joint longer boards. The spiral cutter head does, in fact, reduce noise tremendously. I had a concern before buying the unit about being able to adjust the cut depth with just the lever, but that's not been an issue at all. It offers very good control. Delivery was quick, too. I had mine in my shop within ten days of placing the order. I highly recommend it.
So I have done a lot of reading that the mobile base built into the newer Grizzly jointers, 858 included, is garbage and basically impossible to move. I wont move mine often but I will need to move it from time to time. Sounds like it isn't as bad as some are saying. If I can save the money on buying or building a mobile base that would be another positive for the 858 for me.