Thread: Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

15 Apr 2019

Greetings,
    The good news is the back is much better and I'm able to walk without crutches or a cane. I went back to work in the office and that is tolerable and I think it has also helped the back improve a bit more by me walking and getting a bit more exercise for the hip and lower back.
    I'm making woodworking plans for a few projects but I will be attending my youngest son's graduation from the U.S. Army basic training and I'll have a day or so to visit with him before he moves on to AIT for training for his job. We're so excited for him!!

I come off oncall duty in 8 hours. Happy man I will be.

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past week?

Best of weeks to you all.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

'Glad you are feeling better, Dennis!!

This past week I finished up (literally) a TwinXL over Queen bunk bed commission for a client's shore home and they picked it up on Saturday. It wasn't a "difficult" project, but the size and need for knock-down construction made for an interesting space conundrum in my shop. They had no issue assembling it on Sunday and I'm including one photo here pending a thread in Woodworking Projects that I'll assemble at first opportunity.

IMG_1792-2.jpg

Additional time was spend on cleaning up the shop and considering some organizational changes that I think I need to do. Saturday, I did pre-season maintenance on the ZTR in the afternoon as it was a gloriously nice day outside. On Sunday, I did my quarterly maintenance on the CNC (lubrication, etc.) and helped Professor Dr. SWMBO move one honeybee colony to a different location so we can get a dying ash tree removed sometime this summer. This week will be more organization, probably the first lawn mowing and probably more cutting up of the downed trees on our property. I am saving a few log chunks for milling...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I turned several bowls, most of them came out really well.

Cleaned up the shop, waxed table tops, tuned up a few machines.

Glad to hear you are up and about, Dennis. It is amazing what a bit of movement will do.

I finished up the drywall for the basement remodel. Now I need to clean up in preparation for the plasterers, who should be here later this week.

I also picked up some plywood to get started on the cabinets and bar. Gonna try to get a jump start on them as we decide on the decor for the area. Now to come up with the cut list.

Glad to hear your back issues are improving Dennis!

Kudos to your son and his parents!

Towards the middle of last week I rough cut, ripped, planed and stickered some red oak for a frame of an end table I am building for my wife. This weekend I cut the frame members to final length and cut the mortises using both my hollow chisel mortiser and my router table. Later today after my morning workout at the gym, I'll start cutting tenons.
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 04-15-2019 at 5:28 PM.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Dennis, so good to hear that your back has improved.

At my usual snail's pace, we started the drawer fronts and cabinet doors for my son's kitchen. He likes the modern, slab front look, so no 5 piecers to build. They are all cut to size, the cup hinge holes are bored and the edge profiling is finished. So, as usual, what would take you a morning, took me all weekend, BUT, the point is, the lymphoma didn't kill me and I'm still able to enjoy my shop (albeit only an hour or two at a time).

I worked on 2 trophy bases for a bbq cook off coming up. It's called the Buzz Bque. Just about got them ready for final sanding and finish. Then I found out this morning they are changing course and are wanting a metal base.

Bill