Thread: 64 LED’s, 30 watts, little heat

64 LED’s, 30 watts, little heat

..and plenty of light.

A few years ago I added an on/off switch and made a swivel mount for an old work light I had. I mounted it above the table saw because, well, you can’t have too much light at my age. The only problem with it was the 300w halogen bulb consumed a lot of energy and put off an incredible amount of heat. I seldom used it.
    Anyway, I ran across this LED replacement and gave it a try. It doesn’t put out quite as much light as the halogen but puts out plenty for my needs. I had to add a spacer block under it to keep it from rotating down but other than that, it was plug & play.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Can you post a link to that bank of LEDs? I'd like to try that.
    Do or do not, there is no try.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Nagle View Post
    Can you post a link to that bank of LEDs? I'd like to try that.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Dennis,
    The best part of this lamp is, you had a housing to work with Kudos to you good deal

Ed

Sadly, sometimes LED replacement bulbs are more costly than replace the whole fixture. For instance, this flood light from Onforu has
    twice the light outputfor less money (per unit).

Onforu 2 Pack 60W LED Flood Light, 6000 Lumen Super Bright Security Lights, 5000K Daylight White
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DNN52FW
    Last edited by Karl Loeblein; 04-17-2019 at 4:28 PM.

I thought about purchasing a few similar lights at 2700K to warm up the light temperature of my workshop. Thought I'd either have them directly point down from about 10 feet high, or bounce off the ceiling.

Never got past the thought stage. Hard to find those types of fixtures in 2700 or 3000K, but I did find a few.

Looks incredibly bright, Bruce.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Blog Entries
    That light looks like it will work great..... but that shop is way too clean.
    Army Veteran 1968 - 1970
    I Support the Second Amendment of the US Constitution

I have a few of those halogen lights that could warm up the surface of the sun once they've been on for a bit. I'll have to check out these LED replacements for them!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I have one of those original work lights and I heat my shop with it but only in winter so thanks for the bulb replacement link. The remainder of the time I wear a adjustable beam led head lamp maybe 600 lumen IDK, and what I like about it is it always points just where I'm looking and usually without shadows. One would think nature would have at least gave us good eyes til the end even if she took most of the other bodily functions.