Thread: SawStop slider and INCRA miter gauge

SawStop slider and INCRA miter gauge

In a recent thread "Which Miter Gauge To Choose?", Johnny Means posted: "Plus 1 on the Incra. I liked mine so much that I converted one for use on my slider."

On the FaceBook Saw Stop owners site, there was a recent thread on attaching the 1000SE and a longer Flip Stop fence to the SawStop small sliding table. The poster ordered a SawStop miter gauge bar (approximately US$30.00), then drilled and tapped it to attach the INCRA 1000SE. I am thinking 'bout doing the same. Even though I have the "new and improved" miter gauge head with detents there still is "slop" in returning the miter gauge to 90 degrees and I find that I need a hand held magnifying glass to accurately see/place the cursor and the degree markings.
    Last edited by Ray Newman; 04-14-2019 at 5:30 PM.

I replaced my Incra 1000 miter bar so it would fit the MM CU300 Smart slider table slot. Note the depth is deeper than the traditional slot. I made a fixture and ran it through the widebelt to get the fit tight. There was a little more finagling to get it to work that I first expected, but all is well in the end.

Hi Ray,
    I have a Grizzly sliding table attachment (very similar to the Saw Stop) with an Incra 5000 miter sled attached to the slider. The Incra miter bar runs in the table saw miter slot, while the actual sled base is attached (clamped) to the slider. The Incra miter head teeth offer positive engagement - so there is no guessing or magnifying glass required. I have the top surface of the slider set to about 0.015" above the table saw top surface to prevent dragging across the table saw top. The Grizzly miter head is not reliable for setting to 90 degrees (or any other angle). I use a large machinist square to set the Grizzly miter fence at 90 degrees to the blade every time I remove and reinstall it. I am also finishing up a small Fritz and Franz style jig that rides in the Incra 5000 T-track slots. This will be great for cutting small parts in a manner that I feel comfortable with.
    David
    Incra 5000 on slider front.jpg Incra 5000 on Slider front 2.jpg Incra 5000 on Slider rear.jpg Incra 5000 on Slider - fully extended front.jpg Incra 5000 on Slider - fully extended to rear.jpg Fritz & Franz jig for small parts - almost finished.jpg