Thread: Gravit Designer - free app that exports .csv files that EZcad accepts

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Gravit Designer - free app that exports .csv files that EZcad accepts

Hi and good day to all good people

I dont have full access to Corel and I dont have the funds to buy my own, so I was searching some replacement that can export svg for EZcad and will not be total rubbish. Found Inkscape - total rubbish. Some other apps, but nothing worked out fine. I was giving up but recently...

I needed to put some vectors in Canva (free graphic tool for FB, Insta posts etc - canva.com) but I was unsuccessful. I asked co-developer and he told me to try this free app - Gravit Designer (www.designer.io) and just import and export svg with no changes. For my own surprise it worked out fine, I can use this export in Canva, oh yeah!

Then idea came up, I tryed to use Gravit Designer .svg export for EZcad... IT WORKS!

90% of .svg exports came out with no problem at all, instantly hatchable. 10% exports came out little messy, but easily repairable, hatchable aswell.

Now I can take a picture with my phone, trace it with Adobe Capture iOS app, export as svg, re-export as svg in Gravit Designer, put in EZcad and hatch, all done in minutes and for free.

Do you guys have any experience with Gravit Designer? Any other free replacement for Corel out there?
    Last edited by Vasek Matyska; 04-14-2019 at 12:40 PM.
    Aliexpress 30W Fiber Laser - seems to work fine I have so many ideas, but so little time to play