Thread: Planer General 130

Planer General 130

Off to look at a General 130 14in planer. Any one have experience with this planer? He had it listed for 2K we talked and now he is willing to take $1000...
    planer .jpg

OMG, buy it before he changes his mind!

That is hands-down the finest small-format planer ever made.

Stop reading this and go buy it before you're too late.

And BTW -

I hate you !

Grab it. Got one and couldn't be happier. Motor size most likely 2- 3 HP. Installed a 2 in mine. Nice quiet rugged planer.

Thanks everyone...I'll be picking it up today..

Went and looked...it runs smooth but is in rough condition, He took $800 for it. I ended up buying a 18 in delta band saw and a 2 hp dust collector also..estate sale. Got home and the gay called me and offered a 7 ft stroke sander, radial arm saw, cabinet full of fasteners and a work bench for $150.00...

Now I REALLY hate you!

LOL...I know, I don't need a big old sander and a radial arm saw..I might pass on them
    Quote Originally Posted by Allan Speers View Post
    Now I REALLY hate you!

Heck, just take the workbench & fasteners!

I have a lovely Powermatic 100, (the second best small format planer ever made) but I would give parts of my body to swap it for a General 130 in good condition.

I worked in a custom furniture shop when we lived in Texas late 90s early 2000s The shop had a PM 100...nothing wrong with that planer. I had a parks planer in my home shop..that was also really good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Allan Speers View Post
    Heck, just take the workbench & fasteners!

I have a lovely Powermatic 100, (the second best small format planer ever made) but I would give parts of my body to swap it for a General 130 in good condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Cardinal View Post
    I worked in a custom furniture shop when we lived in Texas late 90s early 2000s The shop had a PM 100...nothing wrong with that planer. I had a parks planer in my home shop..that was also really good.

Oh, the PM100 is fantastic. The General is basically the same quality, with an extra inch of height and an extra 2" of width.
    Well, the PM DOES have a longer bed, which is kind of nice.
    Last edited by Allan Speers; 04-16-2019 at 2:45 PM.

We all deserve to get lucky now and then. Congratulations on the great find, Tim. Enjoy these new to you items. And I echo Allan's sentiments.