Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 16x20 or 12 x 16 ish build or buy

Pick your building before you do your concrete work... It's not just about size, but, for example, the metal building may have some specific requirements for tie-down, etc., that are less flexible than stick-built.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

If it were me I would check with the local storage building guys. When I was investigating building this shop I stopped at several and discovered they were a practical solution. Essentially they build them two ways: As a storage shed or as a garage. The garage type has a reinforced floor to support a car.

They would also add windows, change door if so desired, etc. Very willing to customize them to a point. The price was way, way less than I could build one that size for. My plan was to insulate it, etc.

I did not go that route because my better half wanted a shop too and local codes here did not allow the addition of two more out buildings on the property. So I needed a much larger building and had one of the local storage building folks do the framing and get the shell in place. Worked out great!