I know it's a woodworking forum, but I don't want to go joining another forum, and we have a lot of hot-rodders and bikers here who do their own painting, so I'm casting my net and seeing what I catch here. I am trying to find a cross-reference that will match a PPG paint code to a Sherwin Williams or NAPA code. My situation is that we have TWO stores here that sell automotive paints. Both are mom and pop operations and don't seem to really know a lot about paint codes. I have the paint code for the color I want, which is Creme that Harley used between 1987 and 1990 (my bike is newer, but I like this color). The code is 98603 EX. Neither store was able to match that code to their own paint. They typed it in and said it didn't match anything in their database. I'm wondering if there is a cross-reference online or a way to find out the exact mix if you enter a PPG paint code.

Here is the paint scheme I want to do. The black and red are easy, but the creme is the issue. I even tried matching it to other automotive colors, but nothing even comes close. I want that creme, and it's a very yellow creme. All the automotive paints I've found so far are very white, or the off-whites are more of a tan. Harley Davidson apparently does not make their formulas known, so although PPG has figured out a color that matches, Sherwin Williams and NAPA don't have a listing for it, and there is no cross-reference for it. I have found places online that sell it, but paint is a flammable liquid, and shipping outside the US is very expensive even if you can convince them to do so.

Here is a bike painted the way I want to paint mine:

harley-davidson-flstc-heritage-softail-classic-1990-moto.jpg