Thread: Pics from John C. Campbell class

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Pics from John C. Campbell class

Last week was my spring class at John C. Campbell Folk School. Bob Henrickson assisted me and we had a full class of 10 turners. In previous classes we have had some female turners, but this class was all guys.

The class was about vase forms with proper proportion, good curves and form. Since they were turned in two pieces no hollowing system was required. As the pics show, these guys did an excellent job! The experience levels were mixed, with some having turned more than others. A couple of them had very little experience and none of them had previously attempted anything like this so it was a challenging class for all of them. The finial on the one vase was that turner's first attempt at doing a finial and he did an excellent job. They learned about acrylic texturing, texturing with the Sorby tool as well as the Wagner knurling tool. They also used tools that were new to them, some with steep learning curves.

They were attentive, worked hard, and the results are evidence of their efforts. Bob and I were proud of their work!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 2.JPG (104.6 KB, 174 views)
    • File Type: jpg 1.JPG (103.6 KB, 157 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.JPG (105.0 KB, 169 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.JPG (105.0 KB, 157 views)
    • File Type: jpg 5.JPG (105.9 KB, 149 views)
    • File Type: jpg 6.JPG (104.4 KB, 139 views)
    • File Type: jpg 7.JPG (103.0 KB, 141 views)

Left click my name for homepage link.