Thread: Jewelry Boxes

Jewelry Boxes

These are Jewelry boxes from The Wood Whisperer Guild. I usually build jewelry boxes based on spice chest, but my wife really liked this design. One is walnut and quilted maple, the other is mahogany and curly walnut. The curly walnut came from Bob Kloes. He has some really beautiful wood if you ever need it, and is a genuinely nice guy. The walnut drawer fronts and panels all came from a single board. Unfortunately I couldn't do the same for the quilted maple. The drawer fronts are from one board and the panels from another. This was my first project where I cut all the dovetails by hand. They definitely got better as I went along. The hardware all came from Brusso, definitely not cheap, but worth it for my wife. Once the finish fully cures I will line the drawers and top compartment with velvet. In hindsight I wish I had inlayed a small mirror in the lid.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Those are all very, very nice...I really like the walnut and quilted maple one.
    Chris

Very nice work Robert, that beautiful wood got treated right by you. I love that quilted maple - has so much depth you would think you could reach right into it. Never too late to inlay that mirror, ya know. And nice dovetails too. I'm just finishing a project and was down in the shop wondering what was next, and I wanted to practice my dovetails, so that's what I gonna do for the next week or so. Just cut dovetails. Because I agree with you - they get better as you go along.

Wow Robert, beautiful work!

Absolutely beautiful. I really like the design. Any chance you have pictures from side with the side panels open?

keep up the great work.

Dennis

These are awesome!