Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need a new kitchen faucet-what to buy?

I thought it was suspicious that a 12 year old Grohe would break. All Grohe here and no issues so far. the sink faucet weighs 13 pounds.

Faucet direct has clearance on Grohes all the time, I paid 50% for my kitchen and bath fixtures.

Regardless of brand here are my biased opinions:

Stay away from single valve faucets. The tendency is the user lifts the handle straight up which means it is mixing hot and cold water. What a waste of hot water when not needed.
    Stay away from the combo faucet and spray head. I've had two in the past and the heads start to sag and don't stay recessed after a while.
    After using them for my commercial needs, I now use T&S Brass fixtures at home also. Not only are they located not far from me so orders are quick but the quality has been excellent. I have talked directly to their engineers on the phone and they are very helpful.

Thx for comments, pals! I purchased Moen 7185ESRS. Hope it's better than Kraus or Delta faucets.

Blog Entries
    Price Phister faucets are warranted for life. We have several that are more than 15 years old with no problems. The one I had to work on needed a new cartridge after, 20+ years,which was supplied by Price Phister at no charge.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

I'll second the Price Pfister Pfaucets. I have one in the kitchen 26 years old that I just received a new ceramic cartridge from them under warranty, and new o-rings.

Not their high end faucets but still have excellent quality, in their metal plating finishes and valves.

The one in the bathroom has been trouble free for over 20 years also.

I bought a Kohler pull down faucet at HD. It was a closeout on sale. Got home and looked closely. It had a little swivel connecting the spray head to the pull out hose. The outside of the metal was under 1/4" diameter. I took it apart and the water path was about 1/8" diameter. Since our house is on about 75' of 5/8 iron supply line, flow is not great and pressure drops 50% and more when water is flowing.. I returned the faucet. Even if flow and pressure was perfect this would have taken many many minutes to fill a pot. I think it was a flawed design and not a California water saving "feature".
    Bill D.
    Last edited by Bill Dufour; 12-28-2020 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    I think it was a flawed design and not a California water saving "feature"..
    Yeah. Those CA. laws have been absorbed by the whole country.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Blog Entries
    I have a Price Pfister faucet several years old that had the finish chip on the drain basket. I just emailed customer service a pic & they shipped me a new drain assembly. No receipt needed, easy and painless.