Thread: SWAT Symposium 2019

SWAT Symposium 2019

Can anyone recommend reasonable priced in the Waco area to stay at for the symposium.The host hotels are overpriced.

I have stayed several years at the Super 8 Waco when traveling without wife. Reasonable room, bed, shower, and breakfast, but will not meet better half needs to be close to facility. I am usually at SWAT all day so mainly need bed at night. Always other SWAT fellows there and usually repeats also.

I am flying in and will have a rental car so anywhere within a 30 minute drive will do.Wife is staying home.

There are several options a few miles north and south of the river on I35. Hillsboro is about 30 miles north may be a little cheaper. Friends have stayed a Super 8 with no complaints.

Google maps and Yelp help.
    Last edited by Jim Barkelew; 04-07-2019 at 9:20 PM.

Anybody else have any hotel/motel recommendations first hand experience.I have read reviews that are all over the place.

We've stayed at Americas Best Value Inn. Nothing real fancy but serves the purpose and not that far from the Convention Center. They also provide breakfast. My wife did not complain about staying there either (Of course, we have stayed in some pretty bad places when we were younger.)

Don't overlook the convenience of host hotels. You can probably get an airport shuttle to the hotel and return to the airport; therefore, no rental car required. You won't need a car once you get the convention site. Rental car will likely just sit idle in the parking lot racking up daily charges. Lunch provided by SWAT all days. Banquet Saturday night. If you don't like what SWAT provides, eateries in walking distance of convention site. Do the math. I think you will find that host hotels are a decent bargain. - John

PS - Above just my opinion. I don't work for or have any relationship with host hotels. - J

Flying into Dallas so a shuttle to Waco is not an option.