Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Will The Dream Come True?

Big time congrats and enjoy!

Sailed (freshwater) a very little with a cousin-in-law. A big cigarette boat throttled back politely to pass us in a channel, when clear he throttled up and roared off. Cuz’ said, “He’ll be to the other side of the lake in 5 minutes; it’ll take us 3 hours.” Then he smiled and added, “When he gets there, all he can do is turn around and come back.”

We had a GREAT day - and a quiet one! I hope you have many of the same.

Thanks, all. This has been a long journey. Sometime in the first week in May we will begin the trip to bring her back. Bridges and locks will slow us a lot. I just want to sail but that probably won't happen until we exit the mouth of the Caloosahatchee River. If the weather cooperates, we'll go offshore to Boca Grande. If anyone is interested, go here and zoom into Ft Myers FL. That's where we'll exit the Caloosahatchee River. You can see heading north the option to go around Pine Island (lots of shallow water) or go outside to the Boca Grande Inlet.
    “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness..." - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bartley View Post
    Have you read the Josh Slocum book? Highly recommended if not.
    Oh, yeah. Great book! Another is Voyage For Madmen, the first solo circumnavigation race. And there's The Long Way, Fatal Storm, Fastnet, Force 10, and so many others. I also read The Billionaire and The Mechanic and was surprised how much I liked it.
    “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness..." - Mark Twain

I hope you have a nice trip. I don't know those waters, having never been there, so wish you luck. The Hobie 16 World Championship is on Captiva Island this November. I still want to go, but haven't found the right 105 pound crew yet.