I'm starting to do some research on a 24" wide belt sander. I don't have 3 phase but my intention is to purchase a rotary phase converter. I have a 200 amp service entrance and hope I don't need to upgrade to a larger service entrance. I would love to get a 37 or 43 sander but that is not an option due to the foot print. I see the regular brands, Grizzly, Laguna, Oliver, Time Saver and Shop Fox. This will be used in a hobby shop and will be replacing a Woodmaster 2675 drum sander.

I mainly make smaller items such as Jewelry boxes, cutting boards, cheese boards and once in a while build cabinets.

I understand Oliver is a USA company but are there products still made in the USA? I have a number of Grizzly tools and have been pleased with them and there showroom is about 4 hours from my shop.

Does anyone have a 24" single head or dual head sander that can offer some advice on what to look for in a machine and what to stay away from in my search.

I work for a professional cabinet shop but we only do a melamine/laminate cabinets. I have plenty of friends that have shops with wide belts but it is a pain trying to run by and get something sanded due to their hours of operation.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Bill