Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any Firearm Guys in here?

My wife and I shoot every Monday morning at a local range.
    I conceal carry a Glock G26 or G43 depending on where I'm going. My range gun is a G17. A Heritage 22 revolver is my varmint gun.
    I reload about 10k 9mm year.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

I have a few including a Stevens .22 Buckhorn my father purchased as his first and only gun needed on a farm in the 1920's. Cost new was around $3.75. Hind sight is said to be better of course and I can now see I should have been buying any hi-power rifle in 1959 for $85.00 at the PX in AK while serving my country. Beer seemed to be priority at the time.
    Last edited by robert wiggins; 04-09-2019 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by robert wiggins View Post
    Hind sight is said to be better of course and I can now see I should have been buying any hi-power rifle in 1959 for $85.00 at the PX in AK while serving my country. Beer seemed to be priority at the time.

Yeah, those pre-64 Model 70's would be worth a pretty penny now.
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

Guns or Tools?

Ok, I'll play. I'm a gun nut also. I have to continually fight between the hobbies, buy a new power tool for woodworking or new gun for fun.
    Latest acquisition, CZ Shadow2. Too many guns and tools needed but not enough funds, the never ending dilemma.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by julian abram; 04-11-2019 at 3:26 PM.

Good choice of a semi auto Julian. I have decided on CZ's 75 over all others out there. The internal barrel ramp versus external is the best design ever in a semi auto pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by julian abram View Post
    Ok, I'll play. I'm a gun nut also. I have to continually fight between the hobbies, buy a new power tool for woodworking or new gun for fun.
    Latest acquisition, CZ Shadow2. Too many guns and tools needed but not enough funds, the never ending dilemma.
    Just have to say, that is some dang nice shooting for 15 yards using WWB ammo. I know the Shadow 2 is a nice handgun, but dang !
    Sometimes we see what we expect to see, and not what we are looking at! Scott

Quote Originally Posted by michael langman View Post
    Good choice of a semi auto Julian. I have decided on CZ's 75 over all others out there. The internal barrel ramp versus external is the best design ever in a semi auto pistol.
    If you want to have a lot of inexpensive shooting fun with your CZ 75 buy the CZ 22 Kadet Kit to mount on your 75. Hours of fun for cheap. I have the .22 kit on my CZ85 and hardly ever take it off, it's the one gun that always goes in the range bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Donley View Post
    Just have to say, that is some dang nice shooting for 15 yards using WWB ammo. I know the Shadow 2 is a nice handgun, but dang !
    Thank you. I own mostly Glocks, Walthers and 1911's. None of my guns compare to this CZ Shadow 2. It is a heavy gun made for competition, the factory trigger is so nice. Just point it and it almost shoots itself.

I had previously replied in this thread but now that reply doesn't seem to be here. Can someone inform me how to locate it? I searched around for information from the administration on this but didn't find anything in that category to click on.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by robert wiggins View Post
    I had previously replied in this thread but now that reply doesn't seem to be here. Can someone inform me how to locate it? I searched around for information from the administration on this but didn't find anything in that category to click on.
    Thanks
    Robert, both of your posts are visible. Try switching your display to Linear in the Display dropdown, (gray bar above, upper right). Also, go into Settings > General Settings and scroll down to Number of Posts to Show Per Page, switch it to Show 40 Posts Per Page.

That should fix it for you.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    Robert, both of your posts are visible. Try switching your display to Linear in the Display dropdown, (gray bar above, upper right). Also, go into Settings > General Settings and scroll down to Number of Posts to Show Per Page, switch it to Show 40 Posts Per Page.

Bruce, thanks for posting this. I've been on this site for few years and never could figure out why I could not see all the posts on a thread. You solved my dilemma.

Glad to help.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I have a few, not much of a semi auto fan but I do love me some bolt actions, revolvers, and single shots.
    Here is one of my favorites. TC Contender 14" custom trigger work, muzzle brake, G2 counter weighted forend, cerakoted, Kryptec Highlander graphics, Burris mount, Nikon Force BDC 2.5X8 scope, chambered in 30-30 A.I.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I do like me some bolt gun action....

2019_SWN.jpg

FB_IMG_1505530189284.jpg
    Last edited by Monte Milanuk; 04-11-2019 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post

Thanks for the tip. That makes things all better.