Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any Firearm Guys in here?

Any Firearm Guys in here?

I've been plagued by expensive hobbies. Woodworking & shooting/reloading. These two hobbies take a good chunk of my funds

Anyone else into firearms around here?

Tomorrow I'm picking up a Ruger Pc9, nearly new with some aftermarket parts added to it. I might get back into USPSA shooting. They just added a 'pistol carbine' class when shooters are using the PC9 and AR's chambered in 9mm. What's slick with this rifle is it takes glock magazines and it splits in two making it easy to carry.

I'm also 90% sure I'm picking up a brand new Glock 34 for the wife. It's the perfect starter 9mm for USPSA production class. Laws temporarily eased up in California regarding the magazine restriction which will make shooting much more fun.

yep, a firearm gal.
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

Shotgunning for me. I have a few sidearms and long rifles, but it's the shotguns that make it out of the house.
    Time permitting,and I need to make more of that, I have Vizslas and love taking them into the woods to get after birds.

Competitive shooting is fun. Enjoy it.
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

Me too, although I haven’t aquired anything new in quite some time. Have more than I’ll ever have time to shoot as it is. I added fly fishing to the hobbies about a dozen years ago. That can add up as well.

Another with this addiction. My collection includes an ample supply of long and hand guns. A couple I bring out only on sunny days, then there are my beaters and an ever growing family of 1911's. And a RCBS Rock Chucker remains busy. Would like to delve into grip making, undecided.

Me too. I just picked up a nice Beretta 950 made in the 50's for 25 bucks at a sale. Nice little pocket pistol.

Yep. Ex LEO and a Military Police veteran as well. Guns have been a part of me for a long long time.
    Marshall
    ---------------------------
    A Stickley fan boy.

I'm a gun guy. Used to have plenty of places to long range shoot, mostly shotgun these days. Love to take the wife and kids trap shooting. High quality older over/under shotguns are my thing, I shoot a 101, wife and daughters use athenas and a superposed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Carey View Post
    Me too. I just picked up a nice Beretta 950 made in the 50's for 25 bucks at a sale. Nice little pocket pistol.
    Wow, that's a deal!

Yep,

I like shooting also! I try not to waste bullets as I'm usually going after big game like possum, coon, pigeon, coyote, stray cats.......

Bruce
    Epilog TT 35W, 2 LMI SE225CV's
    CorelDraw 4 through 11
    CarveWright
    paper and pencils

Was into muzzle loading match shooting for three decades. Never liked modern suppository guns. Dabbled a bit with reloading and shooting old buffalo guns. Shot a bunch of original guns from the 1850's to 1880's. Never had money for the new stuff. Shot most of the varmints here over the past 25 years with a muzzle loader or cap and ball revolver. Recently found my way to German style Bollerschiessen. (Salute shooting at Holidays.) The nice part about muzzle loaders is that they are easy for a hobby gun smith to work on and build. I started building a Northern Italian style Trombino. You never heard of a Trombino? Watch and learn: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDnMmHs8-xE For German Bollerschiessen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a2XqNM14Vg (this is actually a religious event: shooting a salute for the coming of Christ on Christmas Eve at Sunset.)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Irish View Post

Laws temporarily eased up in California regarding the magazine restriction which will make shooting much more fun.

You snooze you loose, there was a stay issued yesterday, the ban is back on. Good luck. I also like firearms and reloading. I bought my first NEW gun in 1975, a Ruger Blackhawk, still have it.
    Sometimes we see what we expect to see, and not what we are looking at! Scott

I have a few guns, but better than that, I have a range. There are some people (read gun geeks) that I allow to come use it. We have an abandoned rock quarry on our place, a half mile from the house, so the noise is not too bad, and one of the cliffs makes the perfect backstop, with no houses down range for a couple of miles. My only fee that I charge is that when they get any new toy to play with, that they let me try it out after they're worn the new off.

There is one guy here that makes long range target guns, so I let him, me, and my Son (the only person I know who is a better shot than me) use it up to 600 yards.

We used to have trouble keeping kids, and other people, out of the quarry, but with thousands of casings, and shells on the ground that you have to walk over to get to the water, and a skull and crossbones sign that says "Welcome to the Game", we haven't had much trespassing trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom M King View Post
    and a skull and crossbones sign that says "Welcome to the Game", we haven't had much trespassing trouble.
    LMFAO. Great idea - I bet nobody sticks around after seeing that.

Under that is a smaller sign that you have to get close to read. It says:

Small print: touching, or shooting cameras carries extra penalties