Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Apparently my unexpected transfer has been approved.

Gee sounds real to me. I would suggest that David can deduct the 10,500 from the federal reserve money before he sends it to you. tell him you are a stamp collector and you would like the email to stop and have him use snail mail so you can collect the stamps.
    I wonder how a Nigerian princess of today compares to a Jewish or Cherokee princess from 100 years ago?

Hi Lee,
    Gonna buy some new tools with all that money?? :-)

Paul

Go ahead and go to the Festool website and order 1 of everything. By the time you receive the bill, you'll also have your $5mil.
    Perfect!

Jim

I had a client a few years ago, that had some kind of a letter telling her that she had several million dollars coming from an investment she made in Afghanistan, but the funds were being held up by the State Department pending some exchange fluctuation investigation. She parlayed that into bank loans, purchase of a farm and several other deals. I was retained near the end to try to keep her from being charged criminally. This woman started out with just a letter promising payment in the future and till all was said and done, she sold everything she bought for huge profits, paid everyone back with interest and no one went through with the charges AND she netted almost $600.000 left for herself. I saw the woman's mother a few months ago and asked how she was doing. Her mother said she moved to Switzerland. The letter about her millions of dollars, supposedly turned out to be true and she was finally paid her several million. I gave her mother a scowl and she said, that's what I think too, but she did move and she is in Switzerland.

You need to stop being so suspicious.
    Nigerian.jpg
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

I read an article once that said these scams were written poorly on purpose. The idea is that a better letter would have more people interested and it would be difficult for the scammers to screen them all. So, by making them terrible it screens out all but the most gullible. It makes sense though if you think about. I mean how foolish or greedy must you be to follow up with an email like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee DeRaud View Post
    You need to stop being so suspicious.
    Nigerian.jpg
    That made me cry.......................................but it was from laughter.

Blog Entries
    MRS.ANNE WILLIAMS has been nothing but a pain in the neck for me, trying everything she can to hustle me out of my Nigerian inheritance !!!

"Attn:Beneficiary.

We are writhing to know if it's true that you are DEAD? This is Because we have
    received a notification/ Authorization from one MRS.ANNE WILLIAMS mandating us
    to transfer your funds to her Canadian Bank account.

Be informed that we discovered the said funds in your name throughyour
    Email address.
    But we are surprise that MRS.ANNE WILLIAMS indicated that you are dead
    and therefore has requested us to hand over your funds to her .

Kindly get in touch with us if you are still alive to avoid wrong payment or
    diversion of your funds.

FROM UBA HEAD QUARTER CHIKA OBI
    UNITED BANK FOR AFRICA - NIGERIA-UBA)"

This is going to stop, MRS.ANNE WILLIAMS !!!

I got a garbled voice message yesterday that my Social Security number had been hacked and the social security administration had to shut it off. The phone number could not be understood for all the digits. Since I can not call them back I sure hope they call again. If you do not hear from me for a while you will know why and it is not my trip to pick up my money in Nigeria.
    Bill D.
    Gee maybe I can use all this money to get myself a Nigerian mail order bride. I think my wife might complain when they meet so, maybe not?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Jobe View Post
    "We are writhing to know if it's true that you are DEAD?"
    I'd let them squirm (or maybe just writhe) just a bit longer, then reply, "Yes, I am in fact dead. But now that production for the current season of 'The Walking Dead' has concluded, I will be free to attend to your demands."
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.