Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3d printer for organization?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Lau View Post
    FWIW, I'm thinking of getting a Prusa MK3 in the near future.
    We (she) found a crappy used Tronxy on Craigslist for $20 with four spools of pla. It just went downhill from there. Everything else has been all homebrew/DIY. Don't think hack, I'm very anal/ocd. We have two contracts for private sector limited production runs of parts. I just don't know how you can fit all that into a nyc apartment on LES.

I used an Ordbot for a while and worked up OpenSCAD files for a 3D printed hex bit organizer --- need to revisit that, but the file wasn't really suited to machining, needed a multi-sided setup which I've never been willing to work up --- the advantage of 3D printing, it's just a matter of design, slice, load filament and print (more or less).

Quote Originally Posted by David L Morse View Post
    Thanks Dan. Funny you mentioned the latch. That's the one part I'm having problems with. It's designed to break away in case my feet tangle with the hose, and it does that. Turns out though that the material I used (PLA) is susceptible to creep and the spring tension is enough to pop it off after a few weeks.

I originally bought the printer (ANET A-8) to make some cases for small electronic projects. Instead I've been having fun making DC fittings.
    Hey David,

I think I'll be going down the same rabbit hole.
    I plan to start with premade stuff, and later customize my own.

As for a CNC...it's actually way more expensive than a PLA printer.
    And messier.