Thread: Jet AFS-1000B Air Filtration System

Jet AFS-1000B Air Filtration System

Opinions wanted from users of the Jet AFS-1000B Air Filtration System. I just bought one from an auction site and it is NIB condition. I have a small shop area (22'x34') My dust collector vents directly outside. I do mostly bowl turning and finish sanding. I read mixed reviews on the Jet. The good reviews did out number the bad reviews. I currently am using 2 box fans with a pleated 2 inch thick furnace filter on the inlet side of the fan. They catch a good deal of the airborne fines but i am hoping this Jet unit is much better. Those of you that actually use this Jet model please critique your machine prformance.
    thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have had mine a number of years and happy with it.

I've never had a problem with mine. I seem to have to blow out the filter a lot.

I'm extremely impressed by mine. My Dylos particle meter shows how effective it is. I bought its big brother for my new shop, and when I use both of them, my Dylos particle counts are so low, I could run a clean room in here.

So, yes, IMHO it's extremely effective.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

I tape a second filter in front of the front filter and throw that one away when it gets dirty. I replace the hepa filter at about five years though I am not sure that is necessary.

Had mine for a few years and its worked great for me.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

I've had mine about 3 years and have been completely satisfied with it although I really wondered just how much it was filtering. Recently I was sanding some Cocobolo turnings on the lathe and had less than ideal dust extraction but my Jet unit was directly above the lathe. When I was finished I happened to look up at the filter and couldn't believe my eyes, the prefilter was a solid reddish brown. I was amazed by just how much dust it was removing. A quick vacuuming of the filter made it look good as new. Now I'm thinking about a particle monitor.
    Dick Mahany.