Thread: Bob Marino’s retired, who are you..

Bob Marino’s retired, who are you..

buying your Festool sandpaper supplies from now?
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Sandpaper.ca

Select Machinery is where I get my Klingspor brand hook and loop for my Festool sanders, made with the Festool hole pattern, and its about 1/2 the price of Festool, and it lasts at least as long.

Blog Entries
    Aren't Festool tools & supplies the same price no matter where you buy them? I don't have any Festool sanders, but I use Klingspor disks & they are the best I've used.

I’ll second Klingspor. We use it our shop for all sanders and I’ve been very happy.

Beaver or ToolNut. I find the latter has better selection/stock, but Beaver did buy Bob's business and they seem like nice folks.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Beaver or ToolNut. I find the latter has better selection/stock, but Beaver did buy Bob's business and they seem like nice folks.
    I second the recommendation for toolnut.com. The best site for the festool sandpaper is festoolproducts.com, which has the best search function for what you need. They also have the 42-hole sandpaper for the newer sanders, which Klingspor apparently doesn't. BTW, festoolproducts and toolnut appear to be closely associated, if not owned by the same company?

Thanks. I want to stick with the Festool paper. I bought a slew of Klingspor PSA paper for my 5” ROS once. After ~ a year of it sitting on the shelf it became almost impossible to remove the clear cellophane backing. I ended up tossing all of it in the trash. The paper itself worked great.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    Thanks. I want to stick with the Festool paper. I bought a slew of Klingspor PSA paper for my 5” ROS once. After ~ a year of it sitting on the shelf it became almost impossible to remove the clear cellophane backing. I ended up tossing all of it in the trash. The paper itself worked great.
    Come to think of it, I wonder if the Festool sandpaper is cheaper if you buy it directly from amazon.de in Germany, like the domino refills? I've never tried that personally with sandpaper. I looked at it and my eyes glazed over.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Dawson View Post
    BTW, festoolproducts and toolnut appear to be closely associated, if not owned by the same company?
    Many tool retailers who have authorization for Festool have an additional "Festool focused" URL to go directly to those products.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Can anyone recommend a source other than Amazon for RTS 400 Rubin sandpaper? Klingspor used to carry it but looks like they no longer do. Amazon current price is $25 for q pack of 50.
    Scott Vroom

I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

I'm a Mirka, Abranet, Abralon fan, big time. Get it here: http://supergrit.com/
    I modified their subpads to match up with Festool hole pattern for the finer grits of Abranet.
    It is easier to be imperfect and plan for it, than to try to be perfect and swear at it.