Thread: Storing 6” sanding disk ideas?

Storing 6” sanding disk ideas?

I have 2 old floppy disk holders (remember those?) that I use for my 5” PSA & hook loop disks that work great. I’d like to see what others are using for the 6” disks.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I stack the boxes they come in.

That's what I've been doing Matt. I would like to have an easy access multiple grit setup like the floppy disk holders provide me.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I use Mirka. The boxes stack fairly well.

DVD canisters hold the angle grinder disks nicely. I have a 35mm film can that is nice with a locking lid it makes a nice tool bucket, step stool and chair to sit on during a job. I think it is designed to hold three reels. Similar to a 5 gallon bucket but twice as nice.
    Bill D.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Matt Day View Post
    I stack the boxes they come in, in a plastic box that I think was intended to store a pair of shoes.

I use Festool abrasives and just keep them in the boxes that they come in. There's enough room in the 50 count boxes to stuff about half that much more in there so when I buy a new box before using up all the old, I just transfer the remainder to the new box. The boxes are in a wall cabinet with the labels showing for what each box contains.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I have a board with several short dowels attached to hang the discs on (all separated by grit.)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Day View Post
    I do the same

Tupperware-type containers.

Regards from Perth

Derek

Thanks everyone.
    It turns out that the 6” disks will fit into the vintage 5¼” floppy storage case nicely. I just ordered one off eBay. I like the floppy cases with dividers. You can have easy access to multiple grits in one place. I’ve been using this setup for years with the 5” sanding disks. It’s very handy.

Andy Rooney