Thread: Any Help Identifying This Jointer?

Any Help Identifying This Jointer?

'https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/tls/d/san-rafael-jointer-8-excellent-joiner/6853929112.html

Hey all, new to the forum as I'm just building up my shop for the first time. I've been lurking on CraigsList for an 8"+ jointer and found this one that's a mystery. The first thing I will do is replace the straight blades with a Byrd Shelix, so knowing what I'm getting myself into before I buy will be important. Anyone know what this is from the photos? If so, Any idea if the bearing blocks unbolt from the top rather than having the take everything apart? The other risk on this aside from the obvious is that there isn't 240V at the storage place so I won't be able to hear it run. I know - far from ideal, but these are hard to come by around here. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 03-31-2019 at 6:58 PM. Reason: direct links to auction site not permitted by TOS

Kinda looks like an older Delta, pre-DJ20? but I don't really know.

I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will come along and shed some light.

Cant tell from the photos, but looks like either an older Delta or a clone. Ad says American made, but looks a lot like a clone to me. Unfortunately looks like he removed all the tags either mistakingly.... or not??? It may be a legit older American machine, but I'd go at it from the perspective that it was a clone unless proved otherwise. Unfortunately can't help you beyond that, good luck though.

JeffD

Looks like a delta 37-315. But the switch gear is wrong. On mine the relay box is built into the frame and also the switch box is flush mounted. The blue scale does not seem the correct color I would expect black with white numbers.
    Check to see if the dust chute is open on the top if hooking to a dust collector.
    Bill D

http://vintagemachinery.org/photoind...l.aspx?id=8247
    Last edited by Bill Dufour; 03-31-2019 at 7:51 PM.

Thanks all. I think I'm going to pass seeing as I can't even turn it on. I would have risked it if someone saw it and knew it was something good.

Excellent call to pass. Its a Taiwan tool from the 80s or 90s. May have had a USA address that belonged to the importer/seller. It would be a fair buy for $400.00.

For some reason I thinking this jointer is neither Rockwell nor Powermatic. The thing is.... The the locking knobs is on the backside of the jointer which I don't see on either one of the old American made jointers I worked with. Me thinks it's whatever-ese made jointer imported to USA. Maybe a Bridgewood.

definitely an import tool.