Thread: Help, Earthlink shutting down my website

Blog Entries

Help, Earthlink shutting down my website

For many years, I've had a website at earthlink that was free. Apparently they have decided to eliminate all the free websites with very little (read almost none) notice. I received an email on March 27th that notified me that if I want anything from my website, I better get it before March 31.

Sooo, now I'm looking for a service where I can have my website that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I don't use it for any commercial purpose, just to display my projects for friends and people I meet.

Any suggestions on a low cost hosting service? I'm not interested in any social media site.
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 03-29-2019 at 1:07 PM.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Check GoDaddy. I moved over to them last year. They have a tiered pricing so you might find something that fits your needs and budget.

There are many options...I think even Google is covering it now, too. I use myhosting.com and have for years. There was a short period of time about a year ago during a transition to new owners where the email hosting had some issues, but that's all been fixed with major upgrades due to an infusion of capital and a switch back to North American based support.

I didn't even know that Earthlink was still around!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Google Domains