Thread: Making a sloped circle

Making a sloped circle

Hello. I wanted to know if there is a way with the vectric software to make a sloped circle. I have a part for my truck that I want to make. its NOT level with the rest of the truck. the insert I have made is tilted down at the front and I need the circles to be level with the ground. I cannot figure out a way to do this. I'm trying to NOT have to make a spacer to raise the front with a spacer as that will require more work, possibly fiber glass work.
    GCC Explorer II 30w Laser - I make a lot of show car parts
    Shop Sabre IS510 - CNC Router - Learning

Which Vectric application do you use? Aspire has a tilt feature in the modeling tools. VCarvePro would require doing some fancy footwork with the fluting tool path to get the slope and additional work from there. Can you post a sketch of what you want/need?
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

As Jim points out, a 3D model in Aspire would work.

You may want to look at making a jig to hold the material at the desired slope. Then create a 3d model that matches that slope. Then create simple circle vector. Then create a profile tool path that follows that vector AND projects it onto the sloped model. Probably an easier way, but....

Vcarve Pro 9.

I'll see if I have a photo of the piece I made with my router.
    GCC Explorer II 30w Laser - I make a lot of show car parts
    Shop Sabre IS510 - CNC Router - Learning

You can use the Moulding Toolpath to create the slope you need then cut your circular shape. This might be slightly oval due to the slope but can be adjusted to be closer to an exact circle.