Thread: Dewalt DWE7491rs riving knife adjustment?

Dewalt DWE7491rs riving knife adjustment?

Trying to adjust my Dewalt DWE7491RS riving knife. Manual is worthless for this. There are two sets of Allen bolts - 5 total - to loosen and adjust. Well I sure am clueless how I am supposed to make this work! Loosening the bolts causes it to go fully loose. Tried different adjustments but don’t understand what the bolts actually do. Anyone have any experience with this? Not finding any info on YouTube or Google searches. Thanks!
    Pete

I'm going off memory, so this may not be 100% correct, but from what I recall, the bolts work together in pairs to set the adjustment. If you want to tilt the knife with respect to vertical, loosen the top or bottom bolt a bit (depending on which way you need to go) and then tighten the opposite top or bottom bolt. To shift the knife without changing the orientation, tighten or loosen all the bolts equally.

Riving Knife Adjustment - DWE7491RS

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Kuhlman View Post
    Trying to adjust my Dewalt DWE7491RS riving knife. Manual is worthless for this. There are two sets of Allen bolts - 5 total - to loosen and adjust. Well I sure am clueless how I am supposed to make this work! Loosening the bolts causes it to go fully loose. Tried different adjustments but don’t understand what the bolts actually do. Anyone have any experience with this? Not finding any info on YouTube or Google searches. Thanks!
    Pete
    Hi Peter...how did you make out with this? Can you please share the hex sizes and process you used? The middle upper screw/stem doesn't seem to adjust like they show in the manual. It's more like a resting post for when you insert the riving knife. I uploaded a photo for reference, marking the three upper and two lower screws. This is driving me crazy I keep coming up short trying to make this minor adjustment. Thank you!
    Attached Images Attached Images