Thread: CorelDraw Fonts Issue

CorelDraw Fonts Issue

Has anyone ever had an issue with the lettering being messed up when you open a file in CorelDraw X6. I can backsave the same file to X4 and open it in CorelDraw X4 and it is fine. Does anyone have any answers as to why this would happen. I am going to try to attache a couple of photos for you to see. I have been having this issue for about a year now, give or take a few weeks. The first one is the way it is suppose to look, but the second one is the way all my fonts look when I open them in X6.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    God Bless,
    James & Zelma (Psalm 18:2)
    "Inscriptions Of The Heart"
    Texas
    ~A person is only as good as their word~

Are these files that you originally created in X6 and then opened again at a later time? Which version of Windows are you using?

It looks like there is an issue with character formatting and losing it's Small Caps formatting.

I did have a problem with X6 Opentype fonts on my Win 7 computer a few years ago that I lived with for a year. I suspected it was caused by a Windows update clobbering something similar to another Win7 update that seriously messed up many user's fonts prior to that. The hard drive was starting to fail so I installed a clean version of Win 7 on a new drive and installed all of the updates, and then I installed X6. No more problems have occurred since then.
    I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that’s not going to happen."

You can try to work around this. In X4, click the text, then convert to curves. Then save the file, perhaps with a new name, and open in X6.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

My BIL uses x4 and x6 and doesn't have this issue, which appears to be a simple kerning and/or 'caps' default settings issue...

run both programs, open both side by side 'split window' style, then in both programs click on the TOOLS tab, then work thru all the 'text' and 'style' options relevant to text manipulation on each, and check to see if all the settings match. If not, try making your x6 settings match your x4 settings, since x4 seems to 'work right'...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

I create them in X6 and when I go back to them in X6, they are messed up. So then I back save to X4 and reopen it in X4 and they are fine. It is just a pain to deal with and I sure wish I could figure out a permanent fix. Everything is great in X4 but NOT in X6.

Thanks everyone, for trying to help me, I really appreciate it.
    God Bless,
    Texas

Which version of Windows?
    I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that’s not going to happen."

Window 7 Professional.
    God Bless,
    Texas

Are you using the same Windows 7 Pro on both computers? Part of the issue is, your Font may come from Windows, Corel Draw or another program installed with the same font name.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

It is all on the same computer.