Thread: Bandsaw Stand

Bandsaw Stand

Took delivery of a Rikon 10-306 bandsaw the other day. Before I take it out of the box and assemble it I'm trying to decide if I want to mount it on a metal framed stand or build one. I was thinking of building a stand with four swivel, locking casters and some drawers for storage of the fence and blades, etc.

Does anyone have a stand/cabinet like this and would you mind sharing pictures or plans?

TIA
    Jerry
    Confidence: The feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation

How big is that saw? I guess not 36" or 306cm. if you want to put it up on a stand.

It's a 10 inch saw.
    Confidence: The feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation

I have the 305 which is the last generation of the same size saw. I set mine on top of a cabinet that was in the shop already, and it is happy there. I don't feel liek it's at all tippy, and it's not bolted down. I move it around sometimes, and value the flexibility.
    Zach

I bought a cheapie mini roll around set for my Rikon and made a mobile base with upgraded HF casters. I have the cabinet stuffed with sandpaper rolls for my drum sander. It’s very stable. I gave the top chest to my grandson.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Blog Entries
    Here’s what I did.

Fence and odd-n-ends get stashed between drawer-box and top.

Last edited by glenn bradley; 03-27-2019 at 8:40 AM.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

I built this one a few years back. https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread....1-Bandsaw-base
    And there was trouble, taking place...