Thread: Inkscape not cutting at all

Inkscape not cutting at all

I have tried about everything i can think of, I can't get inkscape to do vector cuts on a simple test box, it just engraves the line, i have tried to just vector cut, it just beeps when I press GO and its says job NONE, I have tried the "Combined" mode and it just engraves the text and box, I have tried .001in, 0.1px, I have tried just black hairline and red with no luck, is there maybe a patch someplace to make it work?

Windows 10
    Inkscape 0.92
    Epilog Zing 24 with current firmware and driver
    USB connection
    .001 in hairline?

Thank you

inkscape.jpg

Have you tried it with Coreldraw or Illustrator?
    You could D/L either one and run it as a free trial to see if they will cut ?

The box looks "grey" in color?, sure it is RGB black?

Thinking back a week,
    When I drug my "new to me" epilog home, The computer I hooked to it was a cheap win7 machine, it was not hooked to the net.
    I used a thumb drive to load a copy of Inkscpape on it, there was noting I could do to make inkscape give me a "Black" line or vector anything on my machine.

I got side tracked with other projects and have not been back on it,, but yeah,, Inkscape was not intuitive for me,, I am going to purchase an old copy of CD to burn from on that machine.

yea, it's set at 0,0,0 RGB Black, it just engraves the hairline, I know it can work, I have read how to do it online but it's just not working, I'm trying really hard for money reasons to stay free right now, it has to be something I'm missing, tonight I will uninstall it along with the epilog drivers and try from scratch, if that still fails I will download the free trial of coreldraw and see what that does.

Thank you

I downloaded Inkscape just to try it, and while it connects to my laser-- I know this as its screen says 'calculating'- whatever is being sent never gets there. Had to reboot the laser...

No clue on this one...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

I uninstalled inkscape and reinstalled it but it gave me the same results, I downloaded coreldraw trial and it worked like a charm, I don't understand because people say what a great program it is but it hardly works, I want to use it so I don't have to take out a loan to buy coreldraw, maybe I need to download an older version of inkscape to make it work correctly?

As far as I am concerned the only thing Inkscape has going for it.... its Free. If you can afford to spend thousands for a good laser why is spending a few hundred on software a big deal?
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

My daughter is a graphic designer, she has an adobe AI/photoshop monthly lic, it's about 20.00 a month.
    You could by an legit copy of CD on Ebay for under $100.00,, not one of the pirate lic for $5, but someones older ver with a disc.
    Try one of the cheaper 2D CAD programs.

Is this a program you are designing in? or just some thing to burn from?

So I use both. Inkscape is my backup, and it in my opinion is a very capable program for general engrave and cutting stuff. What format are you exporting your files in? I use .plt or ai 8. Line thickness does not mater when you use those. At least not on my machine. So try exporting to one of those files.

Then import them into you laser program. I did not catch what laser you were using?
    Redsail x700, 50watt & Shenhui 350, 50 watt

I can not think of the mans name it is Dan something. He is a wizz with inkscape. I do know epilog 000 only works with the general print screen not in color manager. Make sure you have the general setting set with vector turned on.