Thread: Red, White and Blue Corian

Red, White and Blue Corian

Working on some Freedom Pens and was curious if the Corian is still available? If so, how can I request some?

Several years ago Dupont was shipping me all three colors and I was cutting large sheets into smaller pieces and sending them out to any Freedom Pen Turner who requested the material for just shipping costs.

What happened was people requested hundreds of boxes of Corian and didn't send any pens back to us and I stopped offering red, white and blue Corian. Another example of abuse ending a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    Several years ago Dupont was shipping me all three colors and I was cutting large sheets into smaller pieces and sending them out to any Freedom Pen Turner who requested the material for just shipping costs.

What happened was people requested hundreds of boxes of Corian and didn't send any pens back to us and I stopped offering red, white and blue Corian. Another example of abuse ending a good thing.

Keith,

I understand about good things gone bad. I submit all of my pens through the club.

However, if the Corian is no longer available I would like to suggest removing it from the Freedom Pen Poster.

The first one under Freedom Pen Posters. First column, fourth paragraph. "Free Materials"

http://www.freedompens.org/posters/

Craig,

That's a very old poster that Aaron Koehl created when we started the Freedom Pens Project. You have to be the only one who has looked at that poster for over a decade. Since its basically archived I will leave the text as it is.

Note that the face in the poster of Uncle Sam was our very first Moderator, Ken Salisbury. Ken passed away many years ago and I wouldn't think about removing or changing that poster either. Ken jumped right in and helped me get the Freedom Pens Project started. He gave a substantial amount of his time working for Freedom Pens...right up to the time he passed. He will always be the official "Uncle Sam" of SawMill Creek. Another member of the program, Tuffy Holland, turned and donated over 10,000 pens all by his self. We lost Tuffy a couple of years ago.

Thanks for reminding me though, those are good memories.
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 03-27-2019 at 1:50 PM.

I understand. Keep the memories.